When it comes to negotiation, a common mistake many participants make is approaching the exercise from the perspective of fear of hearing the word “NO”. However, the Art of Negotiation needs to be thought of as a problem-solving exercise and not a contentious battle to be won. Shifting your mindset and doing some preparation work can improve your results dramatically…
Three critical takeaways from Anna’s presentation will be:
– Preparation, research and strategy are critical
– Getting into the right mindset takes planning and practice
– Asking the right questions can get you into a tone of agreement
During this ZOOM webinar, you’ll be given the preparation tools for a negotiation, discuss eight psychological concepts that motivate decisions during a negotiation, tactical listening skills, common mistakes made in negotiations, and even when it’s okay to walk away.
Additionally, Anna will discuss the concepts of anchoring, framing and bluffing and when/how to use them. Whether you’re negotiating a raise at work, the sale of a small business or a new contract for your business, she’ll give you tools you can use to help you approach any negotiation, cultivate your influence and have a winning outcome every time.
ProWIN is adding enhanced networking opportunities to our Virtual Luncheon to keep Building Business by Building Relationships. At this Virtual Luncheon, you’ll have the opportunity to break into smaller groups via Zoom Breakout Rooms before the main speaker presentation. Each group will be given a discussion question to get the conversation rolling, and you’ll get to know each other better.
RSVP by Monday, May 18, 2020.
Anna Brumby has over 20 years’ experience as an influential business leader with a history of designing successful growth strategies among global companies. As a consultant for the University of Georgia’s Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Georgia State University, she applies her extensive knowledge to helping small businesses in Georgia be successful. Anna has been a frequent public speaker at national and international conferences and among business organizations. Continuing to advocate for small businesses, Anna has conducted a number of live television interviews on stations including Fox Business News, 11-Alive and WSB Atlanta. She holds a BS from Presbyterian College and an MBA from the University of Georgia, Terry School of Business.
Photo and Video Release
ProWIN may have a photographer and/or videographer at the event, or for online events, ProWIN may take screenshots, and save videos or chats of the event. In accordance with ProWIN’s Photo and Video Release guidelines, and by attending this live or virtual event, you agree that:
– ProWIN may use your likeness in a photo or screenshot, and/or your likeness and voice in a video recording or chat, for marketing, publicity and other business purposes that ProWIN, in its sole discretion, may choose;
– All photos, screenshots, videos, sound recordings, and/or chats will become the property of ProWIN;
– ProWIN may edit, alter, copy, copyright, exhibit, publish or distribute any photo, screenshot, video, sound recording and/or chat of you for any lawful purpose;
– You will not be entitled to inspect or approve the finished product; and
– You will not be entitled to receive any payment or compensation from the use of any photo, screenshot, video, sound recording and/or chat of you.
Sorry, NO refunds will be processed for these ProWIN virtual events. Please contact Joan Borchardt at email@example.com if you need to cancel your event registration.
Interested in Becoming a Virtual Event Sponsor?
ProWIN is offering the opportunity for members to sponsor any of our virtual events. For a $75 contribution, as a Virtual Event Sponsor, you can market your business with a 3-minute presentation at the event. Additionally, ProWIN will promote your business in our weekly emails for 4 weeks. And, as a special thank you for your support, we will create a Sponsor Marketplace at our next Dunwoody Country Club Luncheon, where you can display your business information. Let ProWIN members know who you are, what you offer, and contact Brenda Paulen to register as a Virtual Event Sponsor.