Enjoy a guided hike up Arabia Mountain followed by a BYOL – Bring Your Own Lunch
The hike is approximately two miles and not too strenuous – approximately an hour and half hike including brief stops with our guide and photo opportunities. Afterward, we will gather for a socially distance and relaxing lunch. ProWIN will provide dessert and beverages.
Arabia Mountain is about 3 miles off I-20 and about 20 minutes from downtown. The ProWIN group will meet at Nature Center near main entrance. Please contact Paige Nathan at 678-480-6401 for questions.
9:30AM – Meet at Nature Center
9:50AM – Depart for Hike
11:45AM – Return from Hike
12-1PM – Lunch near Nature Center
ProWin members are asked to make a donation in honor of our guide to the Arabia Mountain Heritage Area Alliance.
Hike is limited to 15 ProWIN members – RSVP by Oct. 1
We will keep a waitlist. However, ALL ProWIN members are welcome to join us for lunch at noon. Please also RSVP to let us know if you are coming just for lunch.
What to Bring
Please wear a mask. Also, long pants and comfortable shoes are suggested. Please bring a water bottle, your own lunch and chair for after the hike.
There are portable potties by the Nature Center.
About Our Guide – Robby Astrove is an arborist, environmental educator, and consultant in Atlanta Georgia who has worked on behalf of nature and people for over 15 years. He manages the 2,500 acre Arabia Mountain Nature Preserve in Stonecrest, GA and specializes in native plants, edible landscaping, and connects people to nature. He also connects people to nature through the fruit he forages and shares with chefs, mixologists, medicine makers, and community groups. He volunteers with Concrete Jungle, an organization that donates foraged and grown produce to shelters, food banks, and instructs workshops on tree ID, planting, and pruning. During the winter months, Robby plants fruit trees, berry bushes, and herbs to support urban biodiversity and access to healthy, fresh, and affordable food in communities with limited food access.
Photo and Video Release
ProWIN may have a photographer and/or videographer at the event, or for online events,
ProWIN may take screenshots, and save videos or chats of the event. In accordance with ProWIN’s Photo and Video Release guidelines, and by attending this live or virtual event, you agree that:
– ProWIN may use your likeness in a photo or screenshot, and/or your likeness and voice in a video recording or chat, for marketing, publicity and other business purposes that ProWIN, in its sole discretion, may choose;
– All photos, screenshots, videos, sound recordings, and/or chats will become the property of ProWIN;
– ProWIN may edit, alter, copy, copyright, exhibit, publish or distribute any photo, screenshot, video, sound recording and/or chat of you for any lawful purpose;
– You will not be entitled to inspect or approve the finished product; and
– You will not be entitled to receive any payment or compensation from the use of any photo, screenshot, video, sound recording and/or chat of you.
Sorry, NO refunds will be processed for these ProWIN events. Please contact Joan Borchardt at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to cancel your event registration